The Community Assistance Program (CAP) provides basic needs and case management services for the homeless in the Ojai Valley. CAP provides daily lunches, laundry, food, employment and referral services to homeless indivdiuals and families.
In the first six months of this year, CAP has assisted more than 100 homeless individuals, distributed more than 700 lunches, assisted with 125 utility payments and given out out more than 165 boxes of food.
The goal of the Community Assistance Program is to meet the immediate needs of our clients while helping them achieve long term stability.
C.A.P. SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Thrift Store Vouchers
- Bus and Trolley Tokens
- Information and Referrals
- Occasional Small Loans
- Services for homeless people: Showers, laundry program, phone and message service, mail, daily lunches, and medical referrals.
- Healthy Families application assistance for low cost health, vision, and dental insurance for qualified applicants
- H.E.A.P. (Home energy assistance program) – available year round, this program assists with gas or electric bills to qualified, low-income applicants.
- Administration of Funds provided by the City of Ojai for eviction prevention and move-in costs to prevent homelessness. Administration of the City of Ojai Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program.
- Coordination of families in need during Thanksgiving and Christmas with agencies and individuals providing these services.
- Networking with other Ventura County agencies as needed.
“When my husband was laid off from his job we thought he would find something else soon and we would be alright. One month became two months and there wasn’t any work out there. Rent was right around the corner. What was I going to do? I don’t want my kids to be homeless. HELP’s CAP (Community Assistance Program) saved my life by paying our rent. Without that help we would be on the streets.” – program participant
HELP’s Community Assistance Program is located at 108 Fox Street, Ojai, CA 93023 Phone: (805) 640-3320, Fax: (805) 640-3322 or e-mail Todd Goehner, Program Director at email@example.com.